Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Job Shadow

I really enjoyed my job shadow.  I didn't exactly know what to expect because the only thing in my email was an address.  I ended up learning a lot though.  My shadow was with Adam Demuth of NetApp, a data storage company. He was a post sales engineer, meaning he helped clients with fixes, recovery, and setup. First, he showed me around the office and told me what the equipment did. I understood most of it but some things went over my head. I think Adam realized this because next, he went in detail about how the company's products work. That cleared everything up and really helped me understan what the company did.  After that he told me a little more about what his specific job was and showed me some of the programs on the computer to show me what he did all day. It was a great experience because I didn't know much about software engineering and I'm still trying to figure out what type of engineering I want to do.  Also, his friend is an architectural engineer who specializes in acoustics which is my main focus right now. This job shadow broadened my horizons and expanded my network.

No comments: