Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The First Week

I really enjoyed the first week of the camp. It gave me a great opportunity to meet and bond with new people. I made a lot of new friends and am very thankful for the chance to do so.

I'm a little bit shy so I was quiet on the bus ride to the ropes course but as soon as we got out there I started talking to people and started having fun. The ropes course was really fun. It was a totally new thing for me and I liked the challenge. I ended up doing it without holding the tethers and I loosened them all the way to get the feeling of not being held by anything. It was crazy.

My first day of class was kind of funny. There was a substitute teacher because my teacher was stuck in an airport somewhere. The substitute talked for the entire class about America so I took notes on it but at the end of class he told us that he wasn't sure what the real teacher would've said. I did a lot of work for nothing. I met the teacher the next day and he doesn't seem half bad. I think I will be successful in this class.

I like having the study session because I have a problem remembering all of the events from my history classes so having the extra time to work on it is nice. My facilitator listens to similar music as me and he seems pretty cool.

I'm excited to continue with the program and I know it will be fun.

No comments: